IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ AS THIS MAY AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US
SMALL PRINT: By booking a course, class, showcase, event, workshop or by registering with The Actors Company LA (“TACLA”) it is implied that you accept the terms and conditions applied to the services offered and thereby you are agreeing to be compliant with the following information without further notification or agreement. The word ‘event’ is used to describe all workshops, seminars, classes, courses and Q&A’s held by TACLA.
Seminars, showcases, workshops and classes are for educational and networking purposes only and DO NOT suggest, infer or imply an offer of security or suggest opportunities for casting, employment, favouritism and/or representation with any industry professional involved. Any agreements performers make with casting directors, agents or other industry people outside of The Actors Company LA events are considered wholly disconnected from the original booking and should be treated as such.
It is the performers responsibility to take the necessary, common sense personal safety precautions when agreeing to meet any industry person for whatever reason outside of The Actors Company LA events.
TACLA Opening Hours
Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm and only if there is an event taking place at the weekend, Saturday 9am – 1pm.
Closed on Sunday or Bank Holiday.
In the first instance please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org It may not be possible to respond immediately but if you have not been contacted within one business day please call 07957208280.
Terms and Conditions
It is of paramount importance that performers supply accurate and up to date contact details when they first engage with TACLA.
TACLA reserves the right to cancel a registration if the participant does not meet the eligibility requirements described as follows:
- Actors do NOT need to be Spotlight listed. HOWEVER, for the majority of events we require evidence of training along with a professional CV and industry-standard headshot.
- It is the performers responsibility to send the above. The Pay Pal receipt automatically sent after payment should NOT be considered as acceptance by TACLA.
- TACLA will no longer chase up ‘orphan’ payments. The booking will be considered incomplete unless the above information from the performer is received and acknowledged by TACLA. If actors have not done this and miss the deadline for the event, no refund available nor will the booking be transferred to a future event.
- Unless otherwise informed TACLA will send all confirmations, venue details and scenes to the e-mail address from which the Pay Pal payment came. If any event is missed as a result of the performer not informing TACLA of the relevant, alternative e-mail address, such payment should be considered non-refundable and bookings will not be transferred to future events.
- The above MUST be observed.
- If TACLA cancel a session due to the illness or sudden unavailability of the Industry Professional (the latter can happen due to unexpected emergency casting situations), the performer has the one-time option to either receive a refund, transfer or credit. This is not a rolling offer and therefore should be considered carefully before deciding whether to accept a rebook date.
- TACLA does not give any compensation for situations outside of their control e.g. Illness, (be that of the industry professional (or their families), performers or their family member, work commitments, auditions, castings or interviews), adverse weather conditions; industrial dispute; airport shutdowns; flight cancellations; railway closures, delays or strikes; terrorist activity; natural disaster; nuclear disaster; fire, war or threat of war; riots; civil unrest; or similar situations.
- Travel costs incurred by the actor are NOT the responsibility of The Actors Company LA, this should always be borne in mind when travelling from a great distance. There are NO exceptions to this.
- Any performer wishing to ‘sell on’ their space on an event MUST contact TACLA first and get the replacement performer approved fully;
- Any swaps without the prior consent of TACLA will be considered invalid and no compensation will be offered when the replacement performer attempts to enter the event and is denied access.
- No one other than the performer listed on the booking will be given entry to an event. There are no spectator or audit spaces unless specified by TACLA, nor are family members, friends or guests permitted entry. In the case of a Minor performer (under 18 years of age), it is permissible to bring ONE chaperone who will not be permitted to enter the workshop room but welcome to remain in the waiting area;
- Filming or recording of any TACLA event is explicitly denied. Anyone found doing so will have their device confiscated, the media removed and will be banned from future events;
- All scenes supplied by Casting Directors or any material by any industry professional within a TACLA event should be considered to be for the eyes of the recipient ONLY and not be shared to third-parties nor should it be discussed, posted, intimated to or photographed and shared for the purposes of social media, this also extends to private messaging;
- Performers are responsible for checking the accuracy of the information during the registration and should report any errors or mistakes as soon as possible;
- TACLA reserves the right to refuse entry and deny reimbursements in case of abusive behaviour, physical and psychological threats, drunk or disrespectful attitude and/or where it is suspected that the performer is under the influence of drugs.
- It is the performers responsibility to collect and keep with them, all personal property throughout the entirety of the event. TACLA will not be deemed responsible for any losses incurred during an event.
- The Actors Company LA does not recommend any Jewellery be worn while performing. Appropriate clothing to be worn in each event.
- There is a processing fee included in the final payment made on any transactions via Pay Pal. Details of their fee structure can be found here Performers are welcome to ask for bank details for direct transfer but should bear in mind until cleared payment is received and acknowledged, the event should not be deemed to be booked and secured.
- Fees for events vary because they are dependent on the fee to the industry professional, venue and associated costs.
- The use of images on our email and web promotions for casting workshops does not expressly imply that the individual casting director advertised cast that specific project. Their role may have been of assistant or associate. Please check the text which they supply themselves for confirmation of their connections with the shows.
- All sales are final.
- Scenes are usually sent out to actors 24-48 hours prior to the event. If the performer has received all other confirmations but still no scenes 24 hours prior to the event, it is the performers responsibility to contact TACLA 07957208280 or email@example.com
- If the performer does not make contact and does not have enough time to complete the necessary preparation it is deemed to be outside of the control of TACLA and no refund, credit or transfer can be made available;
- All casting directors differ in the volume of the material they give to actors to work with and how much ‘spoon feeding’ they supply. Some CD’s will be very generous with their instructions and others will expect actors to make choices and be confident in their decisions. The ‘Information’ section given in the final e-mail sent with scenes will give actors all the information provided to TACLA and therefore it is pointless for actors to contact TACLA and request further detail;
- On many occasions, character breakdowns and/or synopsis are simply not supplied;
- SPECIAL NOTE: Zimmermann casting supply ENTIRE SCRIPTS from which the actor is expected to select a 2-min monologue or scene (reader always provided in class). Jeremy is very, very, strict on this policy as he expects performers to be familiar with his work and keen to put in effort to work with him and make choices. It is respectfully suggested that if you are not prepared to do this, do not book onto the event;
- Hubbard Casting will often supply a large number of scenes, again from which the performer MUST make a choice;
- Native accent is always to be used UNLESS you are directed otherwise in either the scene or workshop.
- Performers are encouraged to come prepared to wait, so please bring a book/kindle and patience.
There are on occasion different venues used for events and therefore location information is supplied at the time the scenes are released which can be 24-48 hours prior to attendance.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
To cancel your place on any event, notice of cancellation MUST be given via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should not be considered to have been received UNLESS and until explicit response is returned by TACLA confirming acknowledgement of cancellation or change.
The following terms are non-negotiable regardless of the reason for cancellation:
- Cancellations and transfers up to 14 working days prior to the start of the event will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee;
- Cancellations and transfers between 14-5 working days prior to the event will receive a full refund minus a 50% administrative fee;
- Cancellations 3 working days or less prior to the event will not receive any reimbursement at all;
- Transfers can now only take place up to 5 full working days before the event. After that no transfer is available;
- Credits are now only available at the discretion of TACLA;
- It is now no longer possible to cancel or transfer to a future event after the scenes have been sent out. Please note, no refund is available at this point either.
- No refund will be made for non-attendance on the course regardless of reason.
The above alterations have been made to our long-standing policies at the behest of industry professionals who are frustrated at making preparations for actors, only to see them drop-out at the last minute. Kindly note that all reasons for cancellation are communicated to the industry professional.
It is the responsibility of the actor to perform due diligence with regard to Agent Showcase/Workshops; it is not the responsibility of The Actors Company LA if an actor books on to a showcase to later discover that there is already a similar performer on that agents roster.
Frequently Asked questions are available here
If you are unable or unwilling to comply with these terms, then please do not book this event. Thank you.
Thank you for your business.